Sunday, November 22, 2009

GOOSE PARADISE?

Sadie and I went for our usual walk last night, just after sunset. It was dark, but we could still see things farily easily.

No fewer than seven flocks of Canada Geese flew over us, all heading for the sand bar on the river, just below our house.

When we walked this morning, the sandbar was covered with geese, and a large number had been resting along the shoreline (which they quickly left as Sadie and I approached).

This of course, got me thinking. Are there more Canadians in Canada than Canada Geese, or are there more geese than people? If anyone has any ideas, I'd be interested in knowing. If this fall has been any indication, I would think more geese than people. But I'm only a Bear -- what do I know?

2 comments:

cheshire wife said...

I am sure that Sadie thinks that it is goose paradise whether or not the geese out number the people.

Now that she has had a hair cut she looks like a different dog!

Rob-bear said...

® CW: Well, Sadie has become much friskier now that she's had her hair cut. But, somehow, I don't think it's the hair cut that has made her friskier. She's turned into a canine "teenager." SIGH!!

P.S.: I've got something coming for you in my next post.